A highly talented and artist individual. Excellent interpersonal skills, always willing to meet new people. Shows initiative and can work well individually and as part of a team on numerous levels. Proficient in the use of a variety of I.T programmes. Demonstrates good time management skills, excellent planning and the ability to work hard to produce the best possible results.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
2014-15 London School of Barbering
Job Ready Barbering – NVQ Level 2 Diploma
2011-14 London Metropolitan University
BA Hons Fine Art (Upper second Degree class) Including 68% for
2011 City Literary Institute
British Sign Language Level 2
2009 -10 Chelsea College of Art and Design
Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
2007-09 The Grey Coat Hospital School
Levels: Resistant Materials (B), Art (A).
AS Level: Drama (B)
GCSE: Maths, English Language, English Literature, Double Science,
Religious Studies, Art, Resistant Materials and French
06/14 – Present Hair Trendy – Barber
· Involves cleaning and sterilizing scissors, clippers and other instruments. Clean workstations and sweep floors.
· Drape and pin protective cloths around customers’ shoulders. Cut and trim hair according to clients’ instructions and/or current hairstyles using clippers, combs, hand-held blow driers, and scissors.
· Record services provided on the till and receive payment from customers.
· Keep card files on clientele, recording notes of work done, products used and fees charged after every visit.
· Shampoo hair. Give product advice where necessary.
· Stay informed of the latest styles and hair care techniques.
· Client interaction and conversation.
· Promotion of the salon by creating a Facebook page available for all staff to post photos of their work to gain clientele.
· Attend colour courses at L’Oreal to learn about new products.
10/13 – 11/13 Royal College of Art Gallery – Assistant Event Organiser
· Involved working with Iranian Artists to display their work in the gallery for one week.
· Took charge of ensuring everything was running smoothly before the opening of the gallery including all videos had sufficient images and sound.
· During the exhibition, I ensured that visitors were not touching the work and answer any questions.
05/13 -05/13 RHS Chelsea Flower Show – Restocking
· Restocked supplies of sandwiches and drinks into the fridges before and during the opening of the restaurant.
· Report low stock levels and order more products.
05/12 – 05/12 RHS Chelsea Flower Show – General Assistant
· Involved working with seafood chefs on a daily basis, assisting them in the kitchen.
· Loaded all the food into the kitchen and freezers every morning.
· Prepared seafood by constantly checking the temperatures and dates of the food and preparing them for the week by setting them on plates ready to serve when required.
07/08 – 07/08 Tower Hamlets Council – Art Therapist
· Shadowed a private art therapist who was employed by the council at the time.
· Attended Primary Schools in East London, working individually with children who demonstrated difficulties expressing their feelings due to various traumas.
· Encouraged children to express their feelings on paper using any materials they desired, allowing choice so that their feelings were not limited.
· Gave the children the opportunity to explain their feelings if they wished to do so.
· Worked mainly with children who had hearing difficulties and in turn communication and self-esteem issues which led them to be victims of bullying.
· Helped to make a difference to those suffering in school by providing them with a different form of communication and expression.
Available on request.
london school of barbering
- 2014-2015 NVQ2