Legend has it that while on a car journey Seth Godin and his friends passed fields and fields of black and white cows. While constantly facing the same outlook, they discussed how remarkable it would be to pass a field and see a PURPLE COW standing amongst the regular cows. They commented how exciting and unique this would be.
Now picture walking along the high street and seeing retailer after retailer, seeing the same promotions in the window and the same clothes all the time when eventually you come to the entrance of Lyle and Scott, George Street. Your eyes light up… a repair and personalization station on the right, a café and seating area on the left, the finest knitwear and apparel occupying the middle of the store and in the distance Edinburgh’s newest barber all under one roof.
Designed as a social hub where you can spend all day, our new store concept is leading the way in men’s fashion retailing by providing an all-round unique customer experience.
Have you got what it takes to make the cut?
We are looking for someone who is cutting edge with their techniques and who keeps up to date with the latest trends and fashion.
You will have 2 years’ experience of barbering with a relevant qualification. You will have a passion for delivering the perfect fade and performing at the best grade.
What Lyle & Scott can offer you?
· A great salary with opportunity to increase depending on performance
· An incredible culture where you are encouraged to ‘be yourself’ and actively learn and develop continually
· Training and development opportunities to improve your ‘craft’ and be the best version of yourself
· An extensive benefits package including pension, product discounts and holiday
· The opportunities are endless – who knows where L/S café could be and the growth it can achieve?
· Remarkable customer service skills and a ‘natural’ way with people. You display evidence of going ‘above & beyond’ to delight your customers
· Extremely passionate and knowledgeable about hair
· Attention to detail, organization skills and work ethic is exceptional
· Well-presented and possess impeccable personal hygiene and well-groomed
· Energetic with a ‘can-do’ attitude and possess an aura of positivity and optimism
· Well-versed in the Lyle & Scott brand & history and know what we stand for and who our customer is
· Excellent communicator – perfect and clear English is imperative
· Minimum of 2 years’ Barber experience and have previously worked in a customer focused environment
· Welcomes customers and expertly educates on the various services we have to offer
· Prepare the customer professionally by giving them a unique experience
· Proactive in suggesting new and innovative styles and or use of techniques
· Maintain inventories by replenishing hair products
· Takes ownership of equipment by following operating instructions and performing preventative maintenance
· Maintain and improve the appearance of the barber area
· Receive and process customer payments
· Comply with all health and safety regulations
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
barbering: 2 years (Preferred)
GCSE or equivalent (Preferred)